[BaadAssGremlins] 5/16 feeding 400hp

  I am having issues with my 401.  Under load my car does not like to rev past 4000 rpm.   My timing is 34 or 33 degrees advanced at 2500 rpm,
 I have tried both an Edelbrock 800 cfm and Holley 770 Avenger and no difference.  I have the Duraspark ignition..  I will be upgrading to TFI as we speak..   I have a brand new Edelbrock RPM fuel pump(which made no difference..

    I was talking to guys at the local speed shop shop and they said 5/16 line is the problem.  I have heard 5 /16 will support 500 hp.

anyway I know at most i might have 420 hp.

My specs

 401 bore .040
forged 10:5 to 1 pistons
edelbrock RPM heads/intake
Comp Cam 236-246 @ .050  520 int  538 ex
edelbrock shorty headers
Edelbrock RPM PUMP 5/16 in and 3/8 out

 I looked at one of my plugs (i dont feel like taking headers off yet)
and it shows perfect light brown color...

Any suggestions?

Rob

<*> Your email settings:
    Individual Email | Traditional