[BaadAssGremlins] gremlin & hornet machined overlays [6 Attachments]

[BaadAssGremlins] gremlin & hornet machined overlays [6 Attachments]

<*>[Attachment(s) from Eddie Stakes included below]

A fellow recently asked me about the two hole and three hole machined overlays and engine
turned metal overlays I have for Gremlin & Hornet. So figured would explain differences.
He has a 77 AMX and mentioned his overlay is vinyl.....actually the originals are indeed
"metal". Feel free to pull your's back but risk wasting it. It is thin machined metal on
top of hard plastic shell. But not vinyl I assure you,  here is one of the wasted ones I
used as template to make these. (pix 1851 & 1852) You can see they are not  only bendable,
but reflective and well, thin almost tin like metal. There is difference between spun
aluminum and vinyl spun type. Almost same effect except the metal ones are tougher to do,
just like originals were tough to do. This type machining effect was used on load of 70s
vehicles including Trans Am. I have referenced this page a few times for people to show
differences and let folks know how difficult it is to have engine turned metal:

http://www.cs.ucr.edu/~eamonn/et/et.htm

But don't destroy your original one by peeling it off the hard backing as the photos here
shows what you will find! Therein lies the interest simply because not everyone will need
a vinyl kit to restore their existing original, however there are a number of people who
want to 'add' this effect to their classic so figured since had mold and mules to go ahead
and do both. I was really caught off guard by Aussies who want me to reverse the mold and
make them some 'right hand drive' typs of these!

I have one mule 3 hole vinyl type, complete with glovebox door and surround on ebay now,
this is the auction:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=330351420083

while this is a close up photo from my site:

http://www.planethoustonamx.com/Picture_1675.jpg

 of it, and have included some more photos here. Since I can't place photos on
amx-files.com amc-list if anyone wishes for the photos simply email me.

This is the two gauge hole Gremlin Hornet dash overlay in engine turned metal

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=330351425997

photo

http://www.planethoustonamx.com/Picture_127.jpg

of which will be soon doing three hole same in metal. More expensive but why not since
have the mold. Also will explore the possibility of reversing the mold and having real
limited run for Australians, New Zealand, South Africans and other places where 'right
hand drive' Hornets & Gremlins sold as have had a number of requests. I don't know if I
can do it so no promises. And some have asked about woodgrain same for 77 Gremlins, again,
no promises will have to check type of woodgrain, whether vertical, horizontal, burl,
whatever. Have the mold, just not sure of pattern.
Eddie Stakes
713.464.8825
eddiestakes@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
www.planethoustonamx.com