[BaadAssGremlins] Las Vegas Show Update 2

[BaadAssGremlins] Las Vegas Show Update 2

UPDATE 2

This update focuses on the Friday activities.

As you may know, we have arranged a boat cruise on Lake Mead for Friday.  If you're still wondering what the cruise is all about, this should explain it.  Lake Mead is home to the beautiful, roomy, comfortable, smooth excursion vessel of Lake Mead Cruises, the delightful paddlewheel vessel, the Desert Princess.  The Desert Princess was built especially to cruise the clean, blue waters of picturesque Lake Mead.   Whatever the season, travel in climate-controlled comfort on enclosed decks on the Desert Princess, or feel the wind in your hair and the desert sun on your face on its open decks. The Desert Princess offers refreshment centers, handicapped accessible restrooms, state-of-the-art audio systems, and comfortable seating.   Aboard the Desert Princess, hear fascinating stories of the construction of Hoover Dam, and the formation of the Colorado River and Grand Canyon.   Don't forget your camera.   Believe me, it really is a great tour!

We'll be meeting in the parking lot on the side by the show field at 1pm.  We'll then caravan to the Lake Mead Cruises Landing.  We need to be there by 1:30pm.  The cruise starts at 2pm and lasts for about 90 minutes.   If you're planning on coming for the weekend and you want to take the cruise, please pay in advance if possible ($18 per person).  If you don't pay in advance, you can still take the cruise as long as you're at Railroad Pass by 1pm (the fare may be slightly higher for last minute participants).  By the way, the boat dock is located in the Lake Mead National Recreation Area and there is an entrance fee of $5 per vehicle.

After the cruise, it's on to Veterans' Memorial Park,1650 Buchanan Boulevard in Boulder City for a picnic/BBQ hosted by SNAMC.  This beautiful park is comprised of 25 acres of land and includes restrooms, 3 acre fishing pond, gazebos, horseshoe pits and acres of open green space.   There's plenty of parking at the site of the BBQ.  We'll stay there until 7 or 7:30pm.

Following the BBQ, registration will be open back at the hotel from 8:30-10:30pm.

If you have any questions or want to register for the show, please contact me at chicago0516@xxxxxxxxx or call me at (702) 985-7647.  Our club website, http://snamc.amcrc.com, includes a section (SNAMC Show Info) with complete details.  You can also print out a registration form.

Mark

<*> Your email settings:
    Individual Email | Traditional

<*> To change settings online go to: