[BaadAssGremlins] Re: Huricane Ike

Eddie. I've been gome all weekend. JUST read this!! Hope you made it
ok thru this!!! I'll be thinking of you and your family!!! Joe--- In
BaadAssGremlins@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, "Eddie Stakes" <eddiestakes@...> wrote:

> Thanks for the emails and calls concerning hurricane Ike and it's
approach
> towards Houston& Galveston.  First, if you ordered something from me
> recently, please
> expect some delays in getting it to you, as with hurricanes....you
usually
> lose electricity, internet, phone, water and other services shut
down like
> US Mail, and companies like FedEx, UPS, ect, also ground flights
(Houston
> Hobby airport shut down this morning 09.12.08 at 9:00am CST and George
> Bush/Intercontineltail is shutting down in 45 minutes at 1:00pm) but
> everythign grinds to halt and just like hurricane Gustav which hit
Louisiana
> 3 or so weeks ago, there are many people over there in Gustav'a path
STILL
> without power, running water and other things.
>
> So please be patient, and hold off on the calls and emails to me as
there is
> probably a better than hell chance I will not get them! But keep Paige,
> Noah, Jacob and me in thoughts; we are all boarded up (and hunkered down
> with things I usually don't eat like donuts, honeybuns, healthy cereal
> stuff, and enough food to go for 4-7 days with no power) but
unfortunately
> didn't have any place to put the 74 Javelin, 74 AMX and 69 BBO
Javelin that
> just came in so they are under the oak and elm trees, of which I
only hope
> those 100 foot trees will withstand 70-120 mile per hour wind! We
will know
> next week however!
>
> A comment on those people who didn't want to leave the areas under
MANDATORY
> EVACUATION. You better have a "waterproof will" somewhere so they can ID
> you. Harsh but I have went thru about 16 hurricanes thru the years, and
> while some are big Texas sized thunderstorms, others are sheer hell
on earth
> for 8-12 hours straight. And there is absolutely nothing in
Galveston and
> those areas that can hold up to a 20+ foot storm surge anyhows.
>
> And what property will you be protecting when it is gone? And
hospitals, EMS
> and rescue can't (and won't risk their people) to get to you?
(Insert Eddie
> hurricane story here!) Back in the 1970s we used to have 'hurricane
parties'
> down in Corpus Christi. Good way to get people together, cases of beer,
> booze and uh, stuff. It's not too much fun seeing a roof lift off
above your
> head and fly away and all you and biddies are holding is a bong.
>
> A few notes also, there have been already 100 rescues off Bolivar
and in
> Galveston where a really big fire burns at/near Yatch Club but no
one can
> reach it.
>
> Something else, you Florida, Mississippi, Alabama, Louisiana people
know
> what I am talking about but when you have a big storm surge, there are
> SNAKES everywhere. We used to go dow to McGee beach in Corpus
Christi in the

http://www.weather.com/maps/news/atlstorm9/floater3_large_animated.html?from=hp_main_maps

> And lastly, this is a small file off my site about hurricane Rita,
>
> http://www.planethoustonamx.com/stuff/texas_vs_rita.htm
>
> which was a Category 5 hurricane which just missed Houston in 2005,
but was
> the largest evacuation in US history, and while this hurricane Ike is
> currently 110mph (111mph would be Cat 3, big deal) Ike has a
windfield that
> is larger than Katrina and also Rita's several years ago, quite
amazing and
> it has one of the largest eye's I have ever seen, it was 77 miles
across
> earlier but now contracted down to 55 miles across.
> Ya'll take care and again, if you recently bought something from
> me....expect shipping delays. If you are trying to contact me, good
luck!
> Eddie Stakes
> 713.464.8825
> eddiestakes@...
> www.planethoustonamx.com
> please don't call or email for about a week!

<*> Your email settings:
    Individual Email | Traditional

<*> To change settings online go to:
    (Yahoo! ID required)