[BaadAssGremlins] axle question/eagle

Well I located a rear axle from John's Auto Salvage in Seguin, Texas about
175 miles west of me for my 81 Eagle, 4cylinder, 4speed, which has been
patiently waiting for a 3:54 rear axle now for over 3 months. However, John
called back this morning and told me that 'the SX/4 is missing a axle' to
which I told him that would basically put me back to square one and I could
not use the thing if not complete. He said he has some 'non 4 wheel drive
AMCs' in there and would check to see in his books what might interchange.

I am totally unfamilar with what might interchange when it comes to later
model AMCs and two wheel drive to four wheel drive. So my question would be
what type axle would interchange, if any, with the SX/4 one he has at the
salvage yard missing one axle? I'm sure he is going thru the Mitchell
interchange manuals now to look but figured would toss this on here in the
meantime.

My axles in my 81 Eagle are no good and I also told him that, and don't want
to buy a rear end missing stuff like axle, again, no use to me. Thanks for
any replies,  especially quickly, simply because I don't want a rear end
with a incorrect axle shoved in it!
Eddie Stakes
713.464.8825
eddiestakes@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx