Re: [BaadAssGremlins] Kammback Home!

Definitely working on the key part - will get the locksmith out this week.  And the way the law works in Colorado is I'll have to demonstrate that it is roadworthy (mainly that it runs, lights work, it has wheels & tires, etc) to get a title.  If it doesn't run, I have to get a salvage title, and go through the process again.  So I'll put some effort & $$ into getting it running.  If not, I will go the salvage route.  If I can get it done within 45 days, I won't have to post a bond because of lack of title.  I just went through the same process on my 1978 4 cyl Gremlin, and got the title in the mail on Saturday.

Dave
1972 Gremlin X 304
1978 Gremlin 121 4 cyl
1981 Kammback 258

>>> Davis Martin <martin-davis@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> 5/27/2008 5:51 AM >>>

Awsome but shouldn't you be working on getting the no key part fixed first? And make sure you can register it before fixing it up?

dkaunisto <dkaunist@eccv.org> wrote:
I brought my 1981 Kammback home today. We used a UHaul trailer, the
junkyard loaded it on using a forklift, we unloaded it successfully in
spite of the fact it doesn't run and we had no key so we couldn't
steer. I even got a little work done - new radiator hose, new oil
filter and oil, and put some Marvel Mystery oil in the cylinders and
got it to turn. I can't wait to get it running! I posted some pictures
in the BaadassGremlins photo folder under Dave's Kammback.

I do need a new transmission pan and a right taillight lens if anyone
has them available. Thanks in advance.

Dave
1972 Gremlin X 304
1978 Gremlin 121 4 Cyl