[BaadAssGremlins] Re: Gremlin Lives! II

Sorry Davis - I was going by the photo in your folder and those bars
look like Lakewood. ~Lu~
--- In BaadAssGremlins@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, Davis Martin <martin-
davis@...> wrote:

> Lu,
>    Great job on getting this far!  Wait till you hit the shows then
the track!

>    I am running Competition Engineering traction bars. I have no
issues with rear shocks. They bolt right to the traction bar on both
sides. I also am not running full exahust though.
>    Davis
>
> lumina333 <lumina333@...> wrote:
>           The original spring plates will not work because I have a
9" Ford
> rearend in it which changes the angle of the shocks. And the
orginal
> plates wouldn't work with the 3" Ford axle either (stock U bolts
were
> too short). I also installed traction bars. Now the shocks won't
> clear the axle. (Davis is using the same Lakewood bars on his car &
> don't know how he mounted his shock on the passenger side - it can
> bolt up on the driver's side tab). So, in short, it's easier to
mount
> the shocks like coil overs using weld-on brackets. ~Lu~
> --- In BaadAssGremlins@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, "Robert" <baddassgremlin@>
> wrote:
> >
> > Lu, why are you not welding the shock mounts on the bottom spring
> > plates like where the original ones were ? What spring plate
mounts
> > did you use?
> > Bob in MN.
> >
> > --- In BaadAssGremlins@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, "lumina333" <lumina333@>
> > wrote:
> > >
> > > Thanks Rick (& everyone who responded). I am now working on
> > adjusting
> > > the timing and I found that the power steering pump is bad (one
> of
> > > the few original parts I reused from the Matador - wouldn't you
> > know
> > > it). I now have a new pump in hand and will install it today.
The
> > > rear shocks must be mounted (got some brackets to weld to the
> axle
> > > housing for that). After another brake check and front end line
> up,
> > > it should be ready for its first drive. This is so exciting! I
> > can't
> > > believe this project has finally made it to this point. Thanks
> for
> > > all the encouragement & advice BAG group! ~Lu~

> > > experience.......just wait till you get to take the Gremlin for
> > > spin. Keep plugging away,......it won't be long.

<*> Your email settings:
    Individual Email | Traditional

<*> To change settings online go to:
    (Yahoo! ID required)