[BaadAssGremlins] Re: 77 gremlin solenoid question

[BaadAssGremlins] Re: 77 gremlin solenoid question

Well. Same as a Ford solenoid. S is the starter side. I is 12 volts to
ignition while you are cranking it to start it. If you cross from the
positive terminal side to the S side it SHOULD engage the starter and
turn over!! --- In BaadAssGremlins@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, "Eddie Stakes"
<eddiestakes@...> wrote:

> I have a perplexing question. On a 77 Gremlin I just got in, the
book shows
> a "light blue with tracer" wire to the "I" side of the solenoid; and a
> "light blue" wire to the "S" side of the solenoid. If you follow the
book
> illustration in the 77 TSM, the 'light blue' wire becomes a "dark
green with
> tracer" farther down.
>
> On the Gremlin itself however neither wire to the front of the solenoid
> looks blue; one is dark green with white tracer, the other is dark
green
> with black tracer. The two wires plugs have this U shaped plastic brace
> between them.
>
> My question is does someone have a 77 Gremlin they could look at, or
know
> for sure, how this contraption fits on there, considering what the 77
> original book shows is not what the original wiring harness on this 77
> shows.
> Eddie Stakes'
> Planet Houston AMX
> 713.464.8825