Re: [BaadAssGremlins] 77 gremlin solenoid question

Re: [BaadAssGremlins] 77 gremlin solenoid question

Thanks Terry I also got this from the amc-list:

"Eddie,
I drove my 77 Gremlin to work today so I went out in
the parking lot and checked the wiring.

I have an aftermarket solenoid I think that has no
marking on the posts for S or I.

Looking down on the solenoid from the passenger side
fender I have a light blue (with black tracer)
connected to the right side pin post and a light green
(with white tracer) on the left side pin post.  "

I asked Joe Fulton and guess will ask you also, there is a "U" shaped connector made of rubber that holds both plugs together on the front of the solenoid. Are your's if you have any, is the "U" facing upwards towards sky or downwards facing ground?

The reason I ask this is (besides colors of wires!) is that this one was facing upwards which strikes me as strange, it looks like it 'should' be facing downward as to not cause stress on the harness.
Eddie Stakes'
Planet Houston AMX
713.464.8825
eddiestakes@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx