Re: [BaadAssGremlins] Re: 77 gremlin solenoid question

Re: [BaadAssGremlins] Re: 77 gremlin solenoid question

I got it figured out, the u shaped thing that connects the two plugs goes on
upside down, or at least it looks upside down. After hooking it up that way,
the starter clicked. Turn key, and then click, so making progress. Keep in
mind the vehicle has not been started for years.

I smacked the starter and then tried again and engine turned over, more
progress. Disconnected the fuel line from fuel pump and stuck it directly in
gallon or our finest $3.43 a gallon gas from Venezuela madman (Moe, Larry &
Chavez) and primed carb, ansl cleaned off plugs, installed new solenoid, and
rotor, and engien cranked up, ran a little, then died. Tried again and
revved it after letting it slowly warm up, and purrs like kitten. I did
break off the fan shroud, as it was already broken up, so got rid of it.
Interesting littel red/red 77 Gremlin, looks to have been built early in
production. It will be the next up for sale from the Hahn collection,
probably next week. Thanks to all who did reply, on and off both lists here.
Eddie Stakes'
Planet Houston AMX
713.464.8825
eddiestakes@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx