[BaadAssGremlins] Re: piston and ignition system opinions

[BaadAssGremlins] Re: piston and ignition system opinions

Stock pistons are cast aluminum. Check on the speed pro online
catalog. I got .040 over forged pistons  for my 401 that are 10.1/1.
Comp ratio  will depend on which heads you use of course. Their
catalog will give you cid with the bore and compression with which
heads are used!! My 401 bored .040 is now a 409..."she's so fine..my
409"!hehehe!  Anybody remember the old Beach Boys 409 tune?   Hope
this helps--- In BaadAssGremlins@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, "wpvmddds"
<wpvmddds@...> wrote:

> Well, after almost 2 years of piddling around with my 76 Hornet/AMX,
> it is finally progressing.  Flat-bedded it to the body shop to have
> the whole thing blasted and primed and dropped the 360 (from an 82
> wagoneer) off at one of the few remaining speed-shops in the metro
> Detroit area.  Hell, I can remember when I was a teenager in the San
> Fernando Valley in Los Angeles, there was a shop every few miles on
> all the major blvds.  Now, not only are the shops gone, so are many
> of the parts suppliers (especially as AMC'ers know only too well)
>
> Pistons:
> The best the shop can find are 9:1 compression pistons, essentially
> identical to what was in it.  On the web Falcon Racing offers "cast
> aluminum" (?) 10.25:1 compression "hi performance" pistons.  In my
> very limited experience, I had not heard of cast aluminum pistons.
> Any thoughts or recommendations?
>
> Ignition:
>
> MSD vs Moroso????????? Thoughts, opinions?
>

> Thanks!!!!!!!            Warren

<*> Your email settings:
    Individual Email | Traditional

<*> To change settings online go to: