[BaadAssGremlins] Re: '74 Gremlin Door and Hood adjustment

[BaadAssGremlins] Re: '74 Gremlin Door and Hood adjustment

Tim, and everyone else,,,, Try your local Jeep dealer. Ask them to
order part # J3615486 - Pin, and part # J3698103 - Bushing. Each part
number is a quantity of one, so you need to order how ever many you
need. Chances are they do not have them in stock, but they can be
ordered. I can't remember the prices from when I got mine last fall,
but they were cheap enough... Bob in MN.

--- In BaadAssGremlins@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, "Tim Curtis" <sexsymbol@...>
wrote:

> Thanks Todd!
>

> Can you recommend anyplace to find those bushings?
>

> I'm having a hard time finding good parts sources.
>

> Thanks!
>

> Tim
>

>    _____

Replacing the
> bushings should true it up a bunch, then do your final adjustment
as Davis
> described.
>
> Todd
>
> On Thursday 03 April 2008 22:07, Davis Martin wrote:
> > Tim,
> > welcome! Adjusting the door is done by loosening the hinges and
moving
> > and also by moving the latch pin. The hood is most likely bent or
the
> > hinges are bent. This usally happens when the hinges are gummed
up and
> > someone forces the hood when closing it. There is some adjustment
on the
> > bolts holding the hinge to the body. Davis

> Checked by AVG.
4/3/2008
> 10:48 AM

> Checked by AVG.