Re: [BaadAssGremlins] how rare is rare?

No if only we could get some one to start stamping 72 gremlin's again

Tom H <bigrigbear@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
Hi Davis,
Your right about of all years a 76 V8 (826 made) and 70 Fixed hatch (872) being the rarest.models ahead of the 1978 only GT and 4 bangers
I figure there might possibly be more of the 76 V8s still around than the 78 4cyl ... more fun, more durable and more likely in recent years to be resurrected from the barn/pasture/back lot.  The four bangers were really pretty crappy -usually ordered for a low-end car under-powered, disposable, without much "personality". People wanting a 4 cyl economy car had plenty of newer and more economical choices by 78.  They were melted down as scrap quicker than most I assume.
It would be interesting if there is a way to track down DMV records to see how many of our cars are still "on the road" -   Thanks to retro-fitting there just may be more V8 Gremlins than were actually made, I am convinced folks are making brand new 57 BelAirs and 65 Mustangs out of mail order reproduction parts! It seems there are more now than then,  lol
Tom -