[BaadAssGremlins] Re: Am I Insane or Lucky? Replies to all

[BaadAssGremlins] Re: Am I Insane or Lucky? Replies to all

Thanks for the encouragement and suggestions, everyone. I think I'll
stick with the 998 trans for the moment. Bart, yes - the rear has got
to go! I considered putting the rearend from my original 74 Gremlin
in it, but it is a H code, so I think that it has the same ring gear?
I also will have to get 6 cylinder springs as the V8 ones that are on
it now jack it up in the front way too much. I got the Spirit's front
end aligned today and am having a super difficult time finding the
correct lug nuts for the turbine rims. The brakes work fine, but they
are like truck brakes. Another upgrade for another day. It also has a
points distributor in it and thankfully I saved the electronic one
from the Matador 360 V8 engine that I will swap. The headlights shine
very dim and the left turn signal doesn't work - possibly a low
voltage problem? I don't know why the other owner put a Concord hood
on the car - it sucks and I plan on replacing it with a Spirit hood.
He provided me with his restoration photos (and parts receipts) and
it had the correct hood on it at one time.
But NO WAY am I giving up on my Gremlin baby! The Spirit was just too
good to drive past with a $2K sticker in the window. Speaking of the
Gremlin, I am heading out to the backyard now to work on it. More
progress notes on it later.
I apologize for making a separate photo folder and will place photos
in lumina333 from now on, Bart. No problem-O! I also deleted the AMO
SE show folder since it had been up for a few months. ~Lu~

--- In BaadAssGremlins@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, baadass73gremlin@... wrote:

> Nice score Lu.It looks like it was a manual looking at the pedal
assem. I'd change it to an auto type set up that way you'll be able
to brake safer.Also i guarentee that model 25 rear WILL grenade on
you with that 360 because i know  your gonna wanna roast the rear
meats every once in a while :) I'd stab a Mopar  8 3/4 or  a Ford 9
inch or an AMC model 20 rear in there if you could.Also  I belive you
could get a Spirit hoods front trim and use it on the Concord hood
since their basically the same hood. again ,Great score on the Spirit
Lu. I'm  envious. I hope this don't mean your gonna give up on your
Gremlin.
> Bart
> 74 Gremlin X
> 360/904