Re: [BaadAssGremlins] Alternator light

I don't think I have ever owned a AMC that the alt light don't dimly glow,
especially 67-70 models. My 68 Rebel convertible "Machine' has a swapped out
Delco unit, simply because I like to change my AMCs over to single plug
Delco as opposed to the crappy Motorolas (there is a file under
PRODUCTION/TECH on my site on how to do this) but even with Delco, the alt
light in the 140mph/8k tack cluster clows dimly......and has for 127,000
miles since 1988. My 72 Ambassador SST wagon I drive daily don't glow (a
photo is here, just put my 15 inch AMC rims on it, what a difference) but no
glow there. My daily drive 82 Eagle wagon glows, but my 88 and 81 Eagles
don't. My 71 SC/360 also glows dimly. There was a long thread about this on
the defunct old forum years ago as to why some do and some don't. And damned
if I remember many of the reasons.

I have solved some of these these thru years by changing out the diode in
the back of the altenator, for some reason after changing that no more glow.
This not only on Motorola but Delco units also. Something else is when I put
in a new voltage regulator, I put a q-tip of lithium grease on each male, or
female connection to insure good conduit.
Eddie Stakes'
Planet Houston AMX
713.464.8825
eddiestakes@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx