[BaadAssGremlins] Re: stripe kit

Gary,
Yeah, it does sound a bit odd but it works.  It's the
same process used for installing car or home window
tint.  Make sure the surface is clean, then spray it
with a very mild soapy mixture.  Maybe 1-2 tablespoon
a mild clear type dish soap for a gallon of water.
Spray both the surface and the sticky side of the
vinyl and then place.  I recommend having a helper
just to be safe.  You don't want to risk dropping
anything when peeling the paper off or spraying it.

On my wagon, I first cut out templates so I could get
the woodgrain to line up and be consistent down the
length of the car.  I used the french door window on
my house as a staging for the vinyl.  I sprayed the
glass, stuck the vinyl to the glass and then peeled
the paper off, then sprayed the sticky side and the
wagon surface.  After placing the vinyl, it was easy
to move around.  Once positioned, I sprayed the
outside with the same soapy water to make squeegying
easy.  I started from the center of the larger pieces
and work outward squeegying the water out.  I was
careful to not put too much pressure on the squeegy as
it could cause the vinyl to move requiring it be
repositioned.  It sounds intimidating but it's pretty
simple.

For your stripes, I'd recommend having some smaller
2-4" squeegies as the normal size ones for a smaller
project would be clumsy and difficult to work with and
you don't want to risk shifting or damaging the stripe
because the squeegy is too big and drags against other
parts.  You can probably find the smaller squeegies at
an art store or the like.  If you're patient and
deliberate it should come out just fine.

Here's a link to some pics of my wagon.
http://new.photos.yahoo.com/bldfw/album/576460762313552194#page1

-Bill

-- In BaadAssGremlins@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, "bldfw"
<bldfw@...> wrote:
>Thanks Bill, I worry about the soapy water
interfering with the
adhesion but according to you that is not a
problem?????On other
decals I have just put them right on the paint but
small trapped air
bubbles are the biggest problem once the decal gets
laid on.   Gary

<*> Your email settings:
    Individual Email | Traditional

<*> To change settings online go to: