[BaadAssGremlins] Re: 73 Gremlin X stripe kits

[BaadAssGremlins] Re: 73 Gremlin X stripe kits

Yes it seems strange but that is the secret to good installation. The
soapy water lets you get the decal in position and then as you
sqeegee the soapy water out. you are also getting the air bubbles
out. Bob in MN.

--- In BaadAssGremlins@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, "gremlin_corvette_guy"
<gremlin_corvette_guy@...> wrote:

> --- In BaadAssGremlins@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, "bldfw" <bldfw@> wrote:
> >Thanks Bill, I worry about the soapy water interfering with the
> adhesion but according to you that is not a problem?????On other
> decals I have just put them right on the paint but small trapped
air
> bubbles are the biggest problem once the decal gets laid on.   Gary
> > Gary,
> >
> > I don't know what your plans might be but I wouldn't recommend
> trying
> > to apply it directy to the painted surface.  I applied woodgrain
> > vinyl siding on my '72 Olds wagon with a slightly soapy water
> spray
> > per directions and usual practices.  The water allows for the
> vinyl
> > to be easily moved around for positioning before squeegying out
> the
> > water.  When the water drys, it sucks right down to the surface
> and
> > stays for good.
> >
> > As for positioning, it's pretty much going to be an eyeball thing
> > because really you don't want anything on the painted surface
that
> > could possibly get under the vinyl as the vinyl surface will
> magnify
> > anything that finds it's way underneath.
> >
> > If you need more insight, just let me know.  Be glad to share!
> >
> > -Bill
> > Dallas, TX
> >
> > --- In BaadAssGremlins@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, "gremlin_corvette_guy"
> > <gremlin_corvette_guy@> wrote:
> > >
> > > Hey Gentlemen (and any ladies). Does anyone have a surefire way
> > > correctly apply and position 1973 Gremlin X stripe kits (both
> > sides -
> > > fenders, doors and rear spears) to get them exact or is it like
> > > everything else in life: just "eye-ball" them? Any suggestions
> or
> > help
> > > appreciated. Gary

<*> Your email settings: