Re: [BaadAssGremlins] Re: things that make you go hmmmmmmmmmm...........

Re: [BaadAssGremlins] Re: things that make you go hmmmmmmmmmm.............

I just took my Gremlin Primerd n no hood no rear side glass and went to a local show at a Chevelle/camaro restoration shop. I was parked next to a really nice 59 vette with dual quad tunnel ram and other side was a nice chopped 49 Ford. The gremlin Got lots of attention and I heard lots of stories of other gremlins of the past from passer-bys. Lots of looks great and I can't wait to see it finished!
 I would have been the only AMC there except the night before I was at a show where there was a 71 javelin. I talked the kid and his father( who had a nice coronet 440) into comming to the show.
 I really can't wait to paint my car!
 Davis

Eddie Stakes <eddiestakes@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
I forgot to add that I highly encourage people t take their AMCs out, even if 6 shades of bondo or hitting on 5 cylinders or four different rims. Each vehicle has a story to tell, and there are a lot of project cars out there.

Somewhere on my site I go off about AMCers who may/may not have a nice or shitty car, and don't bother to bring it to a meet. A certain Rebel Machine with 9000 original miles on it comes to mind; the guy lives within a three iron (ok, you can look from his porch and see Kennedy Park) but the guy would not bother to literally take his damned car out of garage......and across street to the big meets in Kenosha!

I have a long memory and remember a dozen people who didn't bother to come to the big AMO AMC National meet here in Houston. Many of us busted our asses for 5 years to put that meet on. But the excuses made me want to vomit. One guy said he didn't have the $15 to put the car on showfield for instance! I told him I give you money, now drive car and support meet. There was the usual suspects like 'my car ain't finished' for instance.

Finished. Think about that. I don't believe of all the thousands of cars I have documented in the decades that a car is actually 'finished'. Even if high dollar rotisserie restoration, the owner will find something else he/she may want to do to it; could be little tiny detail like factory screws, could be major like re undercoating the bottom better than how it left Kenosha.

So this is why I encourage people to get them out there...warts and all. I would rather see a work in progress than one with stantions around it you can't get close to to possibly take photos. And if I am judging, I will give nod to a car that is original, warts and all, as to one same model/class that has been restored.

Which brings me back to the Rebel Machien mentioned way above. I strongly think that vehicle (which since sold and is in ID) is the Rebel Machine all others should be measured against if you want to judge concours! Yes, there are better ones, but not more original with even same air in tires and decals under hood.

Ya'll have fun with your sleds,
Eddie Stakes'
Planet Houston AMX
713.464.8825