[BaadAssGremlins] Re: Busted tranny

I've been following along. I was wondering what happened to crack
that... Good luck with the new driveshaft and let us know what the
dyno story really comes up with :-))

Ralph in MN

--- In BaadAssGremlins@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, Davis Martin <martin-
davis@...> wrote:

> This happened on Tuesday at the dyno session. I had a vibration in
the car from the first day I took it for a ride but I thought the
rear street wheels were out of balance causing it. So for the dyno
runs I swapped on my slicks that I know are balanced. The first pull
which I videoed was nice and smooth and went to 7000 RPMs . But the
HP was way low it is about 80-100 HP low. So we made some timming
adjustments and it came up 20 HP but still no where near what it
should be. SO when I looked under the car I found the prolem. I
cracked a beer and said OK time to trailer her.
>     Wed after work I got the tranny out and brought it to the
tranny shop. Turns out I made the driveshaft 1.5" too short. The
tranny was fixed anbd I picked it up after work thursday. Thursday
night I put it back in the car with Bill's help and figured the
correct driveshaft length. 33.25" center to center. Friday after work
I droped the shaft off to CT driveshaft to have a new one made up.
250.00 It should be done monday after work.
>    SO I hope to get back to the dyno next week.
>    Davis
>

>           Hello everyone.Davis,I also must ask what the hell
happened.I do not
> recall that issue coming up often.I've been hoping to catch ya at
the
> track,so with this fixed,is it about ready?That does not even look
> ripped apart,like you'd think.I'm really curious. Thanks Walt

<*> Your email settings:
    Individual Email | Traditional

<*> To change settings online go to:
    (Yahoo! ID required)