Re: [BaadAssGremlins] Re: Busted tranny

This happened on Tuesday at the dyno session. I had a vibration in the car from the first day I took it for a ride but I thought the rear street wheels were out of balance causing it. So for the dyno runs I swapped on my slicks that I know are balanced. The first pull which I videoed was nice and smooth and went to 7000 RPMs . But the HP was way low it is about 80-100 HP low. So we made some timming adjustments and it came up 20 HP but still no where near what it should be. SO when I looked under the car I found the prolem. I cracked a beer and said OK time to trailer her.
  Wed after work I got the tranny out and brought it to the tranny shop. Turns out I made the driveshaft 1.5" too short. The tranny was fixed anbd I picked it up after work thursday. Thursday night I put it back in the car with Bill's help and figured the correct driveshaft length. 33.25" center to center. Friday after work I droped the shaft off to CT driveshaft to have a new one made up. 250.00 It should be done monday after work.
 SO I hope to get back to the dyno next week.
 Davis

Hello everyone.Davis,I also must ask what the hell happened.I do not
recall that issue coming up often.I've been hoping to catch ya at the
track,so with this fixed,is it about ready?That does not even look
ripped apart,like you'd think.I'm really curious. Thanks Walt

Automotive radiator repair