Re: [BaadAssGremlins] Re: Re; Ignition plug info

Re: [BaadAssGremlins] Re: Re; Ignition plug info

Robert, Thanks for the info I apreciate it. I'll run down to the zone and snag a kit. Tell you later if worked. redneck

Robert <baddassgremlin@xxxxxxx> wrote:
CJ, I did not have one in stock, normally I do, as this is a common
part that goes bad due to age/breakage, short circuits, etc... I would
also suggest replacing the ignition switch at the same time, it might
be damaged too from the battery mishap. It is only about $15 and as
long as you are laying under the dash with it apart anyway, might as
well be safe then sorry. The connector that you need is ignition repair
kit # SC6520 (Echlin brand) from Napa, or # 263 (Duralast brand) from
autozone. The kit sells for about $13. The ignition switch is # KS6623
(Echlin) from Napa, or #LS442 (Duralast) from Autozone, about $15. If
you still want to save more money on the switch connector, and you have
an auto parts yard close by, then go rob these parts off of pretty much
any 70's vintage General Motors product. Example: If you look up these
same parts for a 1975 Chev Camaro,, you will get the same numbers as
the Gremlin. These parts are for the NON TILTING steering column, which
I assumed you had? Hope this helps, and good luck. Bob in MN.

--- In BaadAssGremlins@yahoogroups.com, CJ <redneck2212@...> wrote:

> Hey y'all, anybody happen too have an ignition plug? It's the one
that goes from the ignition to the brain. Mine got fried when I got a
brain fart and hooked up the battery wrong. Now my Gremlin won't even
click and I don't won't to have to buy a whole harness. It's a 258 V6.
Any help would be apreciated. Thanks, redneck

> Technology, sufficently advanced, would be indistinguishable
> from magic.
> Redneck from birth. Rebel by choice.
> CJ

Technology, sufficently advanced, would be indistinguishable
from magic.
Redneck from birth. Rebel by choice.
CJ

Yahoo! Answers - Check it out. __._,_.___