Re: [BaadAssGremlins] Mounts/brackets holding up my 401 install. *@!%$!

Re: [BaadAssGremlins] Mounts/brackets holding up my 401 install. *@!%$!!!!!

Hoo boy! How I can relate to this PITA!!!! I got my
360 + 727 trans installed like that & here is how I
finally got it done: attach the 'short' motor brakets
& pads with studs on the engine first. Make sure they
are in the correct position on the block. The longer
end points to the rear on both sides (I think). We
lowered the engine partially into the slotted side
first then put a jack with a vertically placed 2 x 4
under the alternator bracket and jacked it up until
the engine rotated and the other studs dropped into
the crossmember holes on the driver's side. It took a
few hours to figure this out but it finally worked for
us. This may not be the perfect way to accomplish the
job, but by God it worked for me! Good luck! ~Lu~
--- deezildennis <dsinks@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> I slung my 401 and th400 together into the 74 grem
> engine bay a few
> hours ago and Im having issues getting it seated on
> the mounts.
>
> Actually I had the mounts attached and that didnt
> work so I lifted the
> engine back up and then got the drivers one attached
> and then tried to
> get the passenger one on.
>
> Fat chance!!
>
> I even tried takeing the engine bracket off of it.
>
> Im all ears, What the hell am I doing wrong?
>
> Thanks ahead of time..

<*> Your email settings:
    Individual Email | Traditional

<*> To change settings online go to: