Re: [BaadAssGremlins] Mounts/brackets holding up my 401 install. *@!%$!

Re: [BaadAssGremlins] Mounts/brackets holding up my 401 install. *@!%$!!!!!

One of the guys in our club did this swap and the problem is the TH400 case is hitting the firewall. He said he had to pound some dimples for clearance and then everything was ok. The only other thing could be the metal adapter plates that bolt to the engine, there are two types. Short style and long style you need the short style which fits Gremlins, Hornets and Rambler Americans. The long style fits everything else (I think) like Javs, AMX's, Mats, Ambos, Rebs.  Gary
-----Original Message-----
From: deezildennis
To: BaadAssGremlins@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Sent: Thu, 21 Jun 2007 9:10 pm
Subject: [BaadAssGremlins] Mounts/brackets holding up my 401 install. *@!%$!!!!!

I slung my 401 and th400 together into the 74 grem engine bay a few
hours ago and Im having issues getting it seated on the mounts.

Actually I had the mounts attached and that didnt work so I lifted the
engine back up and then got the drivers one attached and then tried to
get the passenger one on.

Fat chance!!

I even tried takeing the engine bracket off of it.

Im all ears, What the hell am I doing wrong?

Thanks ahead of time..