Re: [BaadAssGremlins] Re: 77 amx rear axle questions/help

Re: [BaadAssGremlins] Re: 77 amx rear axle questions/help

In a message dated 5/24/2007 11:49:25 PM Eastern Daylight Time, vegadan@xxxxxxxxx writes:
Today I put the new axle in the car. I installed new rear springs
that I purchased from Eaton. The springs that were in the car were
3 leaf, while the new ones are 4 leaf. When I lowered the car, it
sat way too high. I modified the rear springs by removing the
smallest leaf (about 1/4 full length). This leaf is held in place
only by the bolt that passes through the middle of all the leafs.
Should I not do this? The other leafs are held together by straps
that wrap around all the leafs, as well as what appear to be pins
located near the ends. When I lowered the car, it seemed to ride at
the correct height.

Thanks,
Dan
Gee Dan, I'm trying to figure out a way to get mine higher. I'd love to have a 4 leaf set.

Charlie

"Cool Factor X"

See what's free at AOL.com.