Re: [BaadAssGremlins] 360 rebuild suggestions

Re: [BaadAssGremlins] 360 rebuild suggestions

Well You will get lots of ideas from everyone.
 The first question would be how much do you have to spend and what exactally are your goals?
If your going with Roller rockers I would suggest you find an earlier set of heads with individual rocker setup instead of the bridged set. It will cost more in machine work to get the roller rockers to fit with the needed push rod guide plates on the later bridged heads.
Port work will run you about $600.00 alone but definitly a good investment for horsepower. If you have the $ go for forged custom pistons. and if you do that then you could make a stroker engine. Get a 401 crank and rods and bore your 360 .030 over and you will have 390 CI.  There are many ways to go with cam grinds and designs. intakes etc.. It all depends on the afore mentioned things, Money and goals.
 I built close to 400 HP( 296HP to rear wheels)  in a stock 360 with ported heads cam change and aluminum intake.  I have a 360 on my stand now I am thinking of doing up for a street cruser.
 Reciently built a killer 401 street motor made 530+ HP and 500 FTLbs TQ on sunoco 93 octane gas. That is now in my 72 Grem X
 Listen Here and see my dorky A$$ LOL  http://s160.photobucket.com/albums/t172/GremlinXman/?action="">
 Davis

wpvmddds <wpvmddds@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
Finally got the engine pulled and stripped from my 77 Hornet AMX that
I bought from Ed Walker. It has a 360 from an 82 wagoneer. I am
planning for a street/strip vehicle. Would appreciate any suggestions
r.e. the rebuild. I am sure the local speed shops will be all too
happy to take lots of my money for whatever I want to do on the
rebuild.
As such, I would appreciate guidance from those of you that have
already been down this road with the 360.
I am thinking port and polish on the stock heads, roller rockers and
matched cam and lifter set. A buddy suggested boring the 360 out to a
390 and replacing the pistons. Are the cylinder walls thick enough to
allow this?

Also, need to replace the motor mounts. Any ideas for vendors?