Re: [BaadAssGremlins] Re: 232 oil pump problem

Re: [BaadAssGremlins] Re: 232 oil pump problem

Pax, your doing just the opposite of what I use to do when I rebuilt an engine. Of course it has been years since I rebuilt one. We ran straight 10wt oil, doubt if you can even get it anymore, for the first 500 miles then we switched over to the 10W30. Your engine shouldn't be running hot. Is the heat gauge staying in the normal range? I don't think you really need to be running the 50wt in the 232. I don't think your oil is really getting as thin as you think. In the engine everything is new and it will be clean. I think that is what you are seeing. I am sure others will chime in with their opinions.
Terry

paxiljunki <paxiljunki@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
It was good news. The oil pump seems to be fine - I just panicked.
After changing the oil and replacing the oil sending unit (brand new
and leaking - go figure), the oil light stayed off. One concern of
mine is that the oil practically turns to water because of the heat of
this new engine. I've been using straight 50 weight to try to prevent
this but even with 50w it gets really thin after the engine has been
running a good while. So the next project is installing an oil cooler
to use until the engine has more miles and isn't quite as tight any more.

Thanks for everyone's suggestions and support!

Jen aka Pax

--- In BaadAssGremlins@yahoogroups.com, Terry Atkins <twa1950@...> wrote:

> I am with you, If it wasn't making noise I would try all those
things before I would pull the engine. You might even want to buy
yourself an oil gauge and install it. They are not that expensive and
not that hard to hook up.
> Terry

Bored stiff? Loosen up...
Download and play hundreds of games for free on Yahoo! Games. __._,_.___

Automotive maintenance Automotive radiators Automotive radiator repair