[BaadAssGremlins] Re: 360 Question

MC emailed me that the 258 crossmember has TWO small diameter holes
on each fram pad? My 232 has ONE larger diameter hole in each frame
pad.Anyone know why the difference??  He is supposed to send me an
diagram/template to dril the needed holes.He said either my car has
an OLDER crossmember in it ot it is because it was a 232?? Doubt the
wrong crossmember....it is an 42,000 mile original...till i started
modifing it. Anyone know why the two/one holes in the mount pad?
Thanks alot for ANY info,Joe --- In
BaadAssGremlins@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, "Robert" <baddassgremlin@...> wrote:

> Joe, I'll talk to MC and see whats up. I know he has been swamped
at
> work but thats no excuse. I'll stop over to his place either
tonight
> or tomorrow. Bob in MN.
>
> --- In BaadAssGremlins@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, "jgray_55" <jgray_55@>
> wrote:
> >
> > Have you used the BullTear mounts yet? My Gremlin 6 cyl
crossmember
> > has ONE hole per side for the factory motor mount stud. The
> BullTear
> > brackets have TWO smaller diameter holes in each them? What holes
> did
> > you line up? I have no engine/trans in my car. Nothing to go by
> yet.
> > As far as i can see...nothing lines up with the Bulltear frame
> > brackets where they are supposed to attach to the crossmember?
> Also
> > for some reason MC will not return email questions of HOW to line
> > these up? WTF's up with that? Never had a problem with him
before?
> > I've emailed him quite a few times(5-7) about whats up with the
> > holes....NO reply at all? Have bought alot from him before...May
> > NEVER again...since NO reply to questions!! Thanks,Joe
> > BaadAssGremlins@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, "Tim Kottman" <timkott@> wrote:
> > >
> > > i started witha  6cyl gremlin and am almost finished with a v8
> swap.
> > > Ive spent
> > > 500 -  v8 crossmember and all mounting (bushings and engine
> plates)
> > >                  - can now be done for about 160? using
bulltear
> > 6cyl crossmember - v8 engine
> > > mounts
> > > 3000 - 401 rebuild shortblock with performance cam and pistons
> > (with lifters and springs)
> > > 200 - work done to stock heads
> > > 400 - intake, roller rockers, misc parts
> > > *750 - intial cost of 401, T400 trans   came with 78 cherokee
> sold
> > snowplow and parts
> > > and ended up even
> > > 250 - mopar 8 3/4 rear end.  new axle bearings and shortened by
> > 6in.  still need a new
> > > center section
> > >
> > >        things left to do
> > > 400 - rear suspension
> > > ??? - rebuild T400 and convert to 2wd.
> > > 1000 - misc wiring, hoses, carb
> > > __________
> > > 5750 + trans rebuild + center section
> > >
> > > i am building my car for a more race type application.  however
> i'd
> > say you could do the v8
> > > swap for around 4000 if you didnt do anything radical. a
> different
> > rearend would be a
> > > definite as the 6cyl  rear wont hold the HP of a v8 if you want
> > romp around.  and the
> > > bulltear motor mount should work well for your application and
> > price is great.

<*> Your email settings:
    Individual Email | Traditional

<*> To change settings online go to: