Re: [BaadAssGremlins] brought the sc/360 out to play

Re: [BaadAssGremlins] brought the sc/360 out to play

No I pulled it from sale after a year of a few tire kickers. In the meantime have been amassing parts for it, not only from my warehouse, but also swap meets, ebay and what not. I can't believe no vendor makes a carpet kit for a four speed Hornet....only automatic. Kennedy asked that I send in my old carpet kit to be used as pattern, but chances are it would not survive the trip and is tattered.

Took Noah & Jacob for a ride in it, and popped the clutch a few times, almost have forgotten how to drive a damned four speed. I backfired one time and a huge fireball blew out from all angles of under the scoop, scared the hell out of me, can't recall seeing a fireball that big, but no damage, just scary, Noah thought car was going to blow up.

I have two problems....one is it has headers. I dislike headers because I have had nothing but problems with headers since 1970s on AMCs....they heat up starter, and then car won't start. This happened today with this, I let car cool down and cranked right up. But while warm, it will go rrrrr..rrr..rrr and slowly turn over. It has a big 100cca aircraft abttery in the trunk, Mallory hot coil, ect. The other problem is it has a Holley 750. I don't like Holley's either and suspect that when I get after it, this carb bogs a little...or it could be the electric fuel pump but have never had any trouble with electric fuel pump, it just starts to flutter it seems, when it used to waste the tires in 3rd. It might be from sitting up too, not sure.

3rd problem whihc is not really a problem was I put gas in it today and gas was pouring from the filler neck. I opened trunk and there was gas everywhere. I believe it has to do with oxygenated shit gas we have here in Houston, and those crappy gas nozzles with collectors. I'm going to go put gas in again, this time with trunk open, and see exactly where it is coming from as the hoses and clamps are new. Still not good to see gas pouring out under car, as it went from inside trunk, the spare crevice, thru drain hole to on top of tank, where it fell out on the differential.....right in front of the open exhaust dumps!!!
So was a good chance of being red, white and blue al queda amc car bomb......

I have a different set of rims fixing to go on it. Scoop is inside back floor pan now, took it back off car. Lots of NOS dash parts, and one piece made me feel sad today. It is a three hole blue dash gauge overlay I bought from the late Leeland Fanning of Kenosha. If any of you ever knew Lee he was awesome...honest and friendly as the day is long. He had a ton of AMC NOS stuff at his house and it was like walking into a AMC auto Zone and many times you would blow your alloted AMC wad at his house damned days BEFORE the AMC National at Kemper center, or Kennedy Park or Union Grove! And he had a great memory also fo what people liked...he knew that while I have always specialzed in aMX Javelin....he would stash away dealer signs....NOS AMX dash serial numbers....and of course....Rebel and SC/360 parts for my convertible and Hornet. Sure do miss him, he died I believe in 99.

Anyways, car is back inside garage....and the fellow who lives catty corner to me who has about a dozen 'child's portion' Mustangs, those little 74-78(?) ones, he saw me going up and down street today with Hornet (and both boys on front seats, noen of us had seat belts, or even shoes on, hell, I think two of us didn't have underwear either; and the one that did probably was a NASA space daiper!) but he saw me thundering up and down Wycliffe today and decided to bring out his 77-78 white Cobra fastback, sure is good looking car even though a small Mustang, has louvers, flairs and what not, big billboard on it.

PS: The SC/360 here in the few times years ago when I first bought it ran it at several tracks, best it did was 13.63 @ 102. Take care,
Eddie Stakes'
Planet Houston AMX
713.464.8825