[BaadAssGremlins] Re: Grill Colors

Hi Gary,

I was looking for good original photos of grill colors. Here is what
I found so far...

http://home.comcast.net/~spudz76/gremlin70.htm

This is an original 1970 1/2 brochure picture. It got me wondering
why the grill in this picture looks black and your wife's Gremmie was
grey. So my thoughts became?

1)	The picture makes the grill look dark.
2)	Perhaps the grey you mentioned is a rather dark grey.
3)	The grill on your wife's Gremmie was aged/faded.

I have not found more definitive pictures/info in my collection yet.

Take care, Rod

--- In BaadAssGremlins@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, themixtoo@... wrote:

> Davis, my wife's first Gremmie was a '70 1/2 2seater and the front
grille section (where the air went thru) was dark grey not black. I
know because I changed it when I repainted the car in 1973 and
put '73 X stripes on it.  Gary

with the center part painted anything else.
>  Davis
>
> Ed Veneck <edveneck@...> wrote:
> The center of my grill was painted a satin black with
> two pin stripe around the grill.
> Ed
>
> --- themixtoo@... wrote:
>
> > Ok, lets try this another way. I think the 'new'
> > question is...What color is the inner section that
> > would normaly be called the grille? On '70.5 thru
> > '73 the grille and the headlight surround section
> > were all one piece. On the years with an X model
> > available the grille surround section was painted
> > the color of the car and the inner section (where
> > the air gets thru to the radiator was painted flat
> > black or a satin black with a double pinstripe the
> > color of the side body stripe outlining it. All
> > other models the grille surround was a silver gray
> > and the inner section was a darker gray with no
> > pinstripe around it. Starting in late '73 AMC
> > changed the front grille/headlight surround to a
> > three piece unit and these are not involved in the
> > original question. Hope this helps. Gary 'TheMix2'

__
> Check out the new AOL.  Most comprehensive set of free safety and
across the web, free AOL Mail and more.

http://us.click.yahoo.com/kOt0.A/gOaOAA/yQLSAA/YtqqlB/TM

<*> Your email settings:
    Individual Email | Traditional