Re: [BaadAssGremlins] Re: Grill Colors

Title: Re: [BaadAssGremlins] Re: Grill Colors
Hi Rod,
Your link goes to a picture that is identical to the Gremlin that I bought in April, 1970. Frost White with a red stripe, chrome luggage rack, white walls, wheel covers (on 13" wheels) deluxe interior (high back bench seat with pleated upholstery used only in 1970 and 1971) carpeting, 199 cid engine with a very balky 3-speed column shift, heater, but no radio. It had the extra large and heavy cast Gremlin gas cap that seemed like it weighed about 5 pounds.
Onree

on 2/27/07 9:07 AM, Rod at rodb56@xxxxxxxxx did write:

Hi Gary,

I was looking for good original photos of grill colors. Here is what
I found so far...

http://home.comcast.net/~spudz76/gremlin70.htm

This is an original 1970 1/2 brochure picture. It got me wondering
why the grill in this picture looks black and your wife's Gremmie was
grey. So my thoughts became?

1) The picture makes the grill look dark.
2) Perhaps the grey you mentioned is a rather dark grey.
3) The grill on your wife's Gremmie was aged/faded.

I have not found more definitive pictures/info in my collection yet.

Take care, Rod

--- In BaadAssGremlins@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx <mailto:BaadAssGremlins%40yahoogroups.com> , themixtoo@... wrote:

> Davis, my wife's first Gremmie was a '70 1/2 2seater and the front
grille section (where the air went thru) was dark grey not black. I
know because I changed it when I repainted the car in 1973 and
put '73 X stripes on it.  Gary

Automotive maintenance Automotive radiators Automotive radiator repair