[BaadAssGremlins] Re: Rear end

Hi Cindy,

I will assume you want to keep the repairs as simple as possible.
Meaning you want a direct replacement to avoid the complications of
modifications required to make other types/brands of rear ends fit.
Given that...

The Eagle rear end mounts differently (springs over the axle) so it
will not fit. Your best choice is a direct replacement taken from
another AMC with a straight 6. As Davis Martin pointed out straight 6
Gremlins, Hornets, Spirits, and Concords should be good donors.  I do
not know the actual years and models that will be an exact
replacement. I will see if I can get a Hollander Interchange number
for verification of the years and models.

What problems are you having that make you think the rear end got
ruined during the drive?

I am also curious where the rear end is leaking from? What was he
filling it with?

Thanks, Rod

--- In BaadAssGremlins@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, Cindy Trowbridge
<cindylee_me2000@...> wrote:

> Thank you to all who replied, and thank you for being patient.
Right now that car is still completely original and is a straight 6.
When he drove the car from WY to St. Louis the rearend was leaking so
he had to keep filling it, I think it got ruined during the drive.
We found an AMC Eagle in the local Salvage yard and it has the same
engine, will that rearend fit?  As far as rebuilding it, he would
just like to replace the whole thing so he can drive it agian.  He
has a new alternator and the guy at the parts store told him that the
regulator was internal, is this true? If not where is it located?
Thanks agian for all your help.

http://us.click.yahoo.com/lOt0.A/hOaOAA/yQLSAA/YtqqlB/TM

<*> Your email settings:
    Individual Email | Traditional