Re: [BaadAssGremlins] Re: VIN number search ????????????

Re: [BaadAssGremlins] Re: VIN number search ????????????

It was EXPENSIVE!!!!!!. He knew what he had and my son made a crucial mistake by telling him how hard I was looking for it. Price went WAY up. But that car was the car I had when he was born and I wanted it back...enough to pay double or more what it was worth..My luck, after a $40,000 resto and a $11,000 car purchase, son will pawn it for crack....lol

twa1950@xxxxxxxxx wrote:
That is amazing that you got it back. That is great. Mine was just a plain Jane Gremlin. I doubt if it is still around. Out of all the Gremlins that were on the road around here in the 70's and 80's mine is the only one I know that is still running  I don't believe it would be worth the money even trying. Now something special like your Charger you would have a better chance but even then I wonder what the odds were of you finding it and being able to buy it after 20 years. I still think that is pretty good.
Terry

eddie walker <moparedwalker@yahoo.com> wrote:
I did get it back.It was a triple black SE model with a 440 auto. It was still mostly rust free. I took it to Moe & Curleys Rod shop, had them do the body. I gave it to my son as a graduation present when he graduated college last year. It would only cost about $50.00 or $60.00 for him to do a DMV check. It gets expensive when they have to research.I believe there is still a website where you can do it yourself but because of privacy laws, it is getting alot harder. What state did you have it titled in? You could get Broadway Title to look it up for you if they still do that..They did one for me several years ago and I had to pay $100.00..I guess if you are wanting that special car back, it is well worth it..They crushed alot of cars in late 80's when they enacted those new laws.....eddie walker

twa1950@yahoo.com wrote:
Did you get your Charger back. I would like to know what happen to my old Gremlin too but it has been 24 years since I traded it off. If you could do a search on the Internet it wouldn't be bad but to spent a couple a hundred dollars on a search for a car that probably is part of the new Toyota that is sitting in my neighbors driveway doesn't seem to appealing to me. Then if I did find the car the guy would probably jack the price on it so high I couldn't afford to buy it anyway.
Terry

eddie walker <moparedwalker@yahoo.com> wrote:
They can go along way back. I sold my Charger in Ohio in 1984 and he found it in Arkansas in 2005. It has to have been registered in the last 10 years or so to come up on the computer,but if he is willing to dig thru old DMV records ( the hard way) he could come up with it. Course it will cost you...

jgray_55 <jgray_55@yahoo.com> wrote:
How far back can they track a car??? I've been trying to locate my
old Rebel Machine for years!! Thanks,Joe--- In
BaadAssGremlins@yahoogroups.com, eddie walker <moparedwalker@...>
wrote:

> I hired a private investigator to find a 73 Charger that I had many
years (20) prior.They have access to DMV records. He found my car . I
had to pay him $180.00 but it was worth it.....eddie walker

> Ed Veneck <edveneck@...> wrote: I would really like to
find the 72 Gremlin X that I
> brought new. Does anyone know if there is a way to
> search DMV records to find the VIN number and try to
> determine if the car is still around, and who owns it.
>
> I would be willing to paid for it, if I know I could
> get some results.
> Ed

> Get your own web address.

Don't pick lemons.
See all the new 2007 cars at Yahoo! Autos.

Try the Yahoo! Mail Beta.

Get your own web address.
Have a HUGE year through Yahoo! Small Business. __._,_.___

Automotive maintenance Automotive radiators Automotive radiator repair