Re: [BaadAssGremlins] Holley Electric Fuel Pump

Re: [BaadAssGremlins] Holley Electric Fuel Pump

In a message dated 9/23/2006 12:13:54 PM Eastern Daylight Time, AMC74HORNET@xxxxxxxxx writes:
I think you made the right move Charlie. An electric fuel pump on a
basically stock 304 is a waste of money and labor. How did you make out
on the identification of the 2 no# Motorola alt. regulators? If you
don't have A/C dump the Motorola and put in a 100 amp Delco, Kennedy
American makes a kit for non A/C V8's. Even if you do have A/C with some
mods you can probably install a Delco. I got one in my 6 cyl Hornet with
P/S and A/C that was not supposed to fit. It did take some back yard
engineering and mods but was well worth all the work. 100 amp Delco
beats out a temperamental 35 amp Motorola any time.
"Doc"
I am finding there are many different Motorola regulators out there, all of which are 12 volt with the same connector. I bought a new NOS for a Javelin on eBay that had a different number from the one on the Gremlin but the same rating and wire connector. I popped it in and it works fine! Go figure.
Because my Gremlin sat many, many years, I decided it might be best to change all of the electrical components -- computer, starter relay, regulator and alternator. Suddenly, I started to have problems. I actually ended up putting the stock alternator and eBay regulator on and the car runs great now. New stuff is crap - both the new regulator and alternator were defective! As everything is now working fine, I will leave it be for now. however, at the next sign of trouble, I will go for the Delco 100. I do not have an AC.
How much work is involved in installing the Delco?

Charlie "Cool Factor X"