[BaadAssGremlins] Billet Windshield Washer Tank

[BaadAssGremlins] Billet Windshield Washer Tank

I finally finished the mods to the tank and just need to polish it out.
Due to the welded on mounting bracket and the general configuration of
the tank It could not be chucked up in a lathe. The bottom of the tank
was 1/4" thick. It needed to be 1/8" where the pump gromet went. I
ground a 2" diameter by 1/8" deep circle in the bottom of the tank with
my Dremel so to get the right thickness and enlarged the hole to mount
the pump. I also had to grind down one of the plastic ears on the pump
for clearance. On the top side of the tank I had to open up the inside
diameter of the filler neck so a socket with the nut to mount the pump
could pass through. In doing so I ground away the weld holding the neck
to the tank. I JB Welded the neck back onto the tank and modified the
cap ramps to make the cap turn on and off easy since it is not a
radiator over flow tank any more and also vented the cap. I also
machined off the mfg's logo off the top of the cap. I'll add one of my
custom made AMC emblems like I made for the wheels to the cap. What a
pain of a job this all was. But it is the end result that counts. Now to
polish it out and hope the 100+ degree weather breaks over the weekend
so I can install it next week. I spend 4-5 days at a time in the house
hiding from the damn heat.
"Doc"