Re: [BaadAssGremlins] Gas Tank repair

I bet it works!
Charlie

In a message dated 8/2/2006 9:03:50 PM Eastern Daylight Time, twa1950@xxxxxxxxx writes:
Well being very disappointed by not having my Gremlin at the AMO nationals I sure didn't want to miss my one night at the street rod nationals this weekend so I decided to make another repair to my gas tank. I got a large sheet metal screw and a washer. I got some permatex the kind that gets hard and spread it around the hole in the gas tank and on the washer. I then installed the sheet metal screw and tightened it. I started to leave it like this because actually it looked good like a drain plug. I let that set for a couple days. I then got some instant steel. Looked like the same stuff I patch the tank with a couple of years ago. I put this stuff all around the screw and washer. I am going to let this set to Saturday before I put gas in it. I don't see how it can leak myself but who knows. You guys think I wasted my time. I think I will get my bucket ready.
Terry

Charlie "Grublin X"
NE PA

Carnival spirit Spirit phone system