Re: [BaadAssGremlins] Re: Hornet 4speed carpeting (was: my z code 401 ma

Re: [BaadAssGremlins] Re: Hornet 4speed carpeting (was: my z code 401 matty for sale)

Sorry guy's but to paraphrase John Elle this is a "MOOT POINT". All
molded carpet is made from one piece of carpet. The mold and the heat
forms the carpet NOTHING ELSE!! With a bit of time, ingenuity and a heat
gun or steal the wife's or your hair drier. ( I am bald so I do, LOL )
you can make any carpet fit like factory. The so called factory molded
carpet I got from Kennedy American last year needed trimming and a heat
gun to make it fit properly. Don't tell me you guy's have gone "COOKIE
CUTTER CAR" on me  and expect put down your credit card to "Year One"
and expect to get a dead on repo for your Chamero or Moostang?
PLEEEEEESSSSEEEEE. This is what makes us different from the cookie
cutter cars!!!!!!!!! Oh you need an original floor pan to make the mold
for the molded carpet for a 4 speed car or just be creative like "ME".
:-)~~~~~~~
"Doc"

--- Begin Message ---

I talked extensively to Jeff Kennedy about this and he asked if my 71 SC/360 carpet was in good enough shape to send up to make a pattern of. I do not know if it would survive the trek and ones there might be like opening King Tut's tomb and a pile of dust and shit!

But I figured since I know Jeff personally (as well as AJ 189 miles west of me!) I would see if Jeff knew anyone who might make that. And locally, while I can possible have it made here, my concerns would be that they might take the easy way out and be lazy and google Hornet carpet, get a set from Kennedy, AJ, ACC, whoever and then guess what, I could have told them 'there is no damned four speed carpet kit for 70-up Hornet' so back to square one!

I might end up taking it to some of my Nicaraguan buddies here, but have to time it between deportations you know. :~P
Eddie Stakes'
Planet Houston AMX
713.464.8825
eddiestakes@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx