Re: [BaadAssGremlins] Stripping paint from plastic Headlight doors?

Re: [BaadAssGremlins] Stripping paint from plastic Headlight doors?

I ran mine through the bead blasting cabinet without any major problems......just turn the air pressure down. You should be able to turn the pressure down low enough to remove an image from a piece of paper without going through the paper. I've even used a bead blaster to remove bluing from a Colt 45 using the same method. The surface of the gun came out nice and shinny.

It you're dead set against the bead blaster, I really think it would be a bad idea to use the lacquer thinner. Soak the parts in Castrol Super Clean........full strength. Put a headlight door in a small garbage bag and drench it with the stuff. It's something I learned from Doc and it worked great to remove paint from my Hornet instrument cluster. Just don't expect immediate results and be patient.

Rick.

Carnival spirit Spirit phone system Spirit medium

YAHOO! GROUPS LINKS