Re: [BaadAssGremlins] Stripping paint from plastic Headlight doors?

Re: [BaadAssGremlins] Stripping paint from plastic Headlight doors?

That's a good thing to know  A friend of mine down in Virginia beadblasted one of his model cars without destroying it. His was a small unit that could fit in the trunk of his car. A lot less air pressure than the big units. The head looked almost like an airbrush. Is there different courses of materials for beadblasting like there is foe sandblasting?
Hold on. I've got an old headlight door. I'm going to try some CSC on it and see what it does. I use it for stripping bad paint jobs from my models.

Dennis jr Sinks <dsinks@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
Yeah, I actually have a huge blasting cabinet with starblast beadblast but it'll burn right through the plastic but wont warp thin gauge sheet metal.

 I have already tried on a broken Headlight door I had.  From 2 feet away it did enough damage to make me not want to try it on my good doors.

Thanks though..

Bradley Jones <wagonmasterx5@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
Does anybody in your area do beadblasting? Not sandblasting. Beadblasting can blast the paint from an aluminun soda can without damaging it.

deezildennis <dsinks@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
Im not sure if I asked this yet but I have a Grill that had a horrid
paint job sometime back in the 80's and its partly flaking and thick!
The grill itself is good to go I was able to blow the paint off of it
with 125psi.......

The Headlight doors Ive chipped/Blown as much of it off as I can but
the stuff thats stuck.........Is stuck. Sanding is gonna suck and the
potential to ruin them is great.........

Im wondering if laquer thinner in a spray mist bottle would do the
trick.

Any thoughts, Idea's??

Do you Yahoo!?

Do you Yahoo!?
Next-gen email? Have it all with the all-new Yahoo! Mail Beta. __._,_.___

Carnival spirit Spirit phone system Spirit medium

YAHOO! GROUPS LINKS