[BaadAssGremlins] Re: Transplanting 4.0 six into 81 Spirit, no spark.

[BaadAssGremlins] Re: Transplanting 4.0 six into 81 Spirit, no spark.

Here's an update:

Put 12V directly to yellow wire (terminal A) on ICM. No spark.
Maybe this ICM is bad, but it did work when it came out.
I'll go get another one and try it.
There is 12V going to the ECU, red wire terminal B8.

Swapped relays around, still no fuel pump run - but if I put 12V directly to one of the wires in the relay recepticle (I forget which location) the fuel pump does run.

On a positive note, I did get my air cleaner adapter all finished up today. Check it out:
http://pic16.picturetrail.com/VOL657/2474429/9544426/161887059.jpg
http://pic16.picturetrail.com/VOL657/2474429/9544426/161887075.jpg
http://pic16.picturetrail.com/VOL657/2474429/9544426/161887066.jpg
http://pic16.picturetrail.com/VOL657/2474429/9544426/161887081.jpg

Will keep you posted on progress.

Chad
--- In BaadAssGremlins@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, "Chad" <ramblerman@...> wrote:

> Thanks for your reply.
> "> I have checked every sensor per the tests in the book and
> continuity
> > between them and the computer."
> I have tried two ECU's.
> Any other advice is welcome.
> Chad
> --- In BaadAssGremlins@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, Davis Martin <martin-
> davis@ wrote:
> >
> > Chad,
> > That is a mess and tough to get someone to work on it but I
> would guess the computer is bad or you have a bad connection
> somewhere. It could also be a bad distributor ECM.
> > Davis
> >
> > Chad ramblerman@ wrote:
> > Howdy Gents,
> > I've been putting a Renix 4.0 in my 81 AMC Spirit GT. You can
> check out my progress at: http://www.picturetrail.com/gallery/view?
> p=999&gid=9544426&uid=2474429
> > My goal is to have it ready for the AMCRC Nationals in
> Washington/Baltimore on June 30.
> > The installation is almost complete except for one little thing...
> > It won't start.
> > I have tinkered with the CPS:
> > http://pic16.picturetrail.com/VOL657/2474429/9544426/160308565.jpg
> > http://pic16.picturetrail.com/VOL657/2474429/9544426/160308522.jpg
> > and I believe I have everything connected properly (albeit a little
> > messy at the moment)
> > http://pic16.picturetrail.com/VOL657/2474429/9544426/160308559.jpg
> > Still no spark.
> > I have checked every sensor per the tests in the book and
> continuity
> > between them and the computer.
> > Now the big show is less than a week away. AAAH!
> > Any help is very welcome. Very very welcome. Is there anybody
> here
> > around Richmond who might like to come take a look this week? Or
> any
> > suggestions on where I could take it?
> > Thank you again,
> > Chad