Re: [BaadAssGremlins] N.O.S. parts....

Bill some times you get a good deal on eBay and some times not, that
also goes for AMC parts venders. There are none of the old AMC dealers
around in my area any more so I can't say about that. I did get a good
deal on eBay for a round plastic NOS Hornet bee hood emblem and the
block letter Hornet hood emblem. Apparently they were from a 73 where as
the 74 just had the bee emblem. I used the bee emblem on my yellow 74
and sold the other emblem and in the end a mint NOS bee emblem cost me
25$. I might add some one here on this group put me onto it. I also got
a good used one for 10$ from a member here too. I needed the 1 plastic
gromet that the door lock passes through. I got 2 NOS ones for 8$ a
piece plus shipping, I figured while I could I might as well put 2 new
ones in. I still thought 8$ a piece was a little steep from this AMC
vender but was really surprised at what he wanted for the NOS triangular
snap on plastic cover that covers the bolt and bracket that holds the
seat belt to the door pillar. 40 !@#$% $$$$$ a piece. I drew the line
there. Luckily for me my friend parting out a Gremlin gave me a bunch of
plastic interior parts and these 2 40$ parts were included. I have been
real lucky and most of the time I have gotten NOS and good used parts
for reasonable prices.
"Doc"

http://us.click.yahoo.com/2pRQfA/bOaOAA/yQLSAA/YtqqlB/TM

--- Begin Message ---

Ya just got to love em' when you do find them. I do alot of buisness
with a local dealer that used to be an AMC dealer. I have met quite a
few good people who still love these AMC cars. Both the parts guy I
deal with and a salesmen that I have talked to, love these old AMC
cars. I think that feebay does kind of suck for N.O.S. parts. I have
purchased quite a few parts of off there and sometimes I kick my own
A$$ for doing so. I have learned the hard way. If I can get a part
number, I call the parts guy and ask if its still available. Usually
if it is, its atleast half the price if not more. I do understand
that there is a fee for using the site of ebay. I purchased some
N.O.S. side marker lights for my Hornet of off ebay. They came in the
N.O.S. packaging and are nice. I got the part number off of the
packaging, called the old AMC dealership and asked if he could still
find some. They were, for half the price that I had to pay off of
ebay. So I did order a new set from him and these pieces still have
the old punch tickets attached to the box. Just too sweet and even
the boxes are pristine!! I will eventually use them and I will be
using both pairs, one for the Hornet and one for the Gremlin. So when
you are lucky enough to find N.O.S. parts for these old cars use them
and remember that when you put them on, take some pride in them. They
will never be made again. Bill Northern Idaho.

--- End Message ---