Re: [BaadAssGremlins] Battery issues

Charlie at night in the dark with the car shut off check to see if the
Alt. light is slightly glowing. Since you say you have a Motorola Alt
the diode trio might be going bad. The Alt. with this condition will
still show it is charging properly on a meter. Had that problem with my
orange Hornet before I swapped in a Delco. Also you need to have the
battery tested with a meter that puts a load on it to make sure it is
good. Without a load on the battery even a bad battery may show 12
volts. Next disconnect the clock and put an amp meter between the
positive terminal on the battery and to the battery cable itself. This
should tell you if there is a draw some where in the system. As for
finding it good luck. I hate electrical problems. Having TSM with the
wiring diagrams would also help. One last thing to check is if you have
a glove box light. Make sure it does not stay on 24/7. My father had
that problem with his bosses car back in the late 60's. After it sat for
a week the battery was stone dead. On my Hornet before I changed alt's I
would disconnect the battery when I parked it. More as a theft
preventative I wired in the main wire off the starter solenoid a fusible
link to a 35 amp toggle switch on the dash that kills the electric to
the whole car when it is parked. Happy hunting.
"Doc"

http://us.click.yahoo.com/6pRQfA/fOaOAA/yQLSAA/YtqqlB/TM