Re: [BaadAssGremlins] Battery issues

Doc I want to mention that many AMC's with Motorola alt and dummy light the
dummy light glows, most are very faint. Some Eagles do that too, even with
newer alts, both my 81 and 82 glow red, but I had both alts checked and they
are fine, so my guess is that some fusible link perhaps in the sytem is
weak, but it has never affected charging the battery or keeping all the
electrical compents working as they should. But the earlier AMCs, I can't
tell you how many 68-70 Javelins, AMXs, Rebels and Ambassadors, even
Ramblers I have owned the little alt light glows dim and there is no problem
with charging system. My 69 Ambassadot sST does it as did the 69 SC/Rambler
'wagon' I recently sold also. I remember a thread on the amxfiles years ago
about this, but don't remember what caused it.

On the meter Doc mentions, fi you don't have one to test it, simply take off
the alt, and go to a Auto Zone or O'Reillys as they test them for free. You
might even want to take your battery along just in case as they will test
that for free also, takes less than 3 minutes to do both, but could possibly
quickly determine if a problem or not before you tear out wiring harness in
fit of uncontrollable rage! AArrgh!
Eddie Stakes'
Planet Houston AMX
713.464.8825