[BaadAssGremlins] Re: Lamenting the rain.......send it my way! PLEASE!

[BaadAssGremlins] Re: Lamenting the rain.......send it my way! PLEASE!

If you all are tired of the rain, please send it my way. Ordinarily
I would not miss it, but we have been without rainfall for weeks. My
grass is brown and I have to keep watering my shrubbery in an
attempt to keep it alive. Plenty of time to work on the Gremlin
though! I took my seats to the upholstery shop last week and picked
out colors and fabric for the seats. I decided to keep the same seat
pattern as the original, but changed colors and fabrics. The
original was brown vinyl with dark brown vinyl stripe and
brown/white plaid center sections on each seat. The new pattern will
be navy with white stripe and blue tweed material in the centers. I
saved the original headliner and am debating on how to have it
covered. I was thinking of having it done in the navy with 2 white
vinyl stripes running along each side. What do you all think about
that? Also, I don't know if I want to recover the wheel humps or
not. I peeled off the original vinyl and can use them as a pattern,
but I am thinking about just having them painted?

The school body shop has my Gremlin taken completely apart - doors,
glass, fenders, bumpers, hood are all off it. The students are
getting to see what real metal looks like on a car! The collision
repair instructor will be getting me a list of items needed to
complete the project. If I supply all the paint & materials, then I
only have to pay the school 20% over that for the labor. Not a bad
deal!

I am going to a car show today to spectate, then I will take a
sample of the navy vinyl to the paint shop and have them match me
some interior paint for the panels and other plastic pieces. I will
probably have to dye the door panels, arm rests, and dash pad since
the new blue vinyl doesn't quite jive with them. ~Lu~
--- In BaadAssGremlins@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, GrublinX@... wrote:

> Well, I missed my fourth cruise night tonight due to rain. Rushed
home from
> work, grabbed the wife and headed off in the Gremlin to south
Scranton.
> Though the skys looked threatening, I chanced it because the
weatherman said "only
> a slight chance of passing showers". Well, before  I got to the
cruise
> location, it started to pour and has not let up in  three hours.
If this is a
> passing shower, I sure the hell don't care to see a  heavyt rain.
Will this ever

http://us.click.yahoo.com/_7bhrC/NGxNAA/yQLSAA/YtqqlB/TM