Re: [BaadAssGremlins] I'm back with my old sock

Re: [BaadAssGremlins] I'm back with my old sock

I am curious also about this sock thing. A old gym sock shoved in the gas tank filler hole would not cause vapor lock it would cause gas to evaporate. Not good when gas is about $3 a gallon. I haven't been following this particular thread as I am trying to catch up somehow on emails.

Inside the gas tanks of some AMCs you have a small cylinder net that covers the duck gas tube in the gas tank. I have had these collapse before but never causes the car to stop it only causes it to be starved for gas. I may add that I also run most of my AMC V8s WITHOUT THEM, instead putting a clear aftermarket filter between the frame rail and before the fuel pump. I also run a secondary clear fule filter before the carb. Some, like my Rebel covnertible 'Machine' with the 401, have been run this way since the 1980s and no problem.
Eddie Stakes'
Planet Houston AMX
713.464.8825
eddiestakes@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
*email is currently HEAVY
Call if important*
www.planethoustonamx.com

Carnival spirit Spirit phone system Spirit medium

YAHOO! GROUPS LINKS