Re: [BaadAssGremlins] I'm back

You know mine did that yesterday. It stalled on me three times. Twice I step on the gas and there was nothing but since I was going about 40 and I still had in it gear so it started right up. Once I coasted into a subdivision and it started right up. I had driven it about 50 miles when this started happening. It was almost 90 . I put about 20 miles on it today and it ran fine. IT did the same thing one day last year. I took about 100 mile round trip after and didn't have a problem. The coil, computer and most everything else is relatively new. The only thing I haven't replace is the magnetic pickup and I guess I will replace that even though it looks kind of tricky but I guess I will do it. A buddy of mine came up with a suggestion that we were just talking about maybe vapor lock. The fuel line is getting hot and the gas is turning into a vapor and causing them to quit running. He had a point and that might be it. The old timers use to put the clamp on clothes pins on the fuel line. Acted like a heat sink. I don't know if this is it or not but I think I will try and find some clothes pins for mine and try it. Might be worth a try Paul. I know how you feeling  while mine is running great other than this is doesn't give you much confidence to take it anywhere. If this doesn't work I guess I will start replacing the electronic parts. If it is not vapor lot something has to be getting hot and breaking down. I know this is long but one more question. Do they have a ground straps from the motor to the body. I have thought about running a wire from the engine to the body.
Terry

Paul Hancock <kwikbiker@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
Charlie, nope ,don't have a coil but it looks like I'm about to.  Paul