Re: [BaadAssGremlins] Memorial Day

I also would say not to give it another thought. God had other plans for you. Just remember the ones overseas fighting today in your prayers. I was an 8 year vet. Got to go to Panama in 1979, Iran in 1980 and Grenada in 1983. I loved the military and what it stands for. You can always find other ways to help out. There is a guy near us fighting overseas. His wife was struggling to make ends meet. I discretely pay her water and electric every month. I want to make sure that the guy fighting over seas does not lose his focus and get killed because his kids lost their power. Maybe someone near you could use some help. Giving sure does make any guilt go away quickly.. God bless you all on this list, Happy Memorial day......eddie walker

Hal <strlcuckoo_46@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
Terry,
As a "twenty year" vet I ask you to ease the guilt as
there were many who could not serve but were needed
here at home for the things we could not do. It is
those who ran that "piss me off" and the pardon they
were given.

--- twa1950@xxxxxxxxx wrote:

> Looking back I wished I would have served. I got my
> letter to go in 70 but failed my phiscial. High
> Blood presure. I was happy back then but 5
> Angioplaty procedures and 6 stints later I paid the
> price. Still though when I went to the wall and have
> visited Viet Nam Memorals I always have a feeling of
> guilt because I didn't go. My father served in WWII
> and my brother was in Nam. I put flags on both their
> graves today. So remember the ones who have died and
> thank the guys who are still with us for what they
> did for us. Oh yea if you know a WWII vet be sure
> and give him a big thanks. Might be your last chance
> not many of them left. Thanks again guys.
>   Terry

> protection around
> http://mail.yahoo.com

Hidden in Wichita Falls TX