Re: [BaadAssGremlins] The Mix's Mrs's New Car

Sorry Doc, I meant no disrespect. all your helpful tips have been nothing but top rate. I apologize.  Gary

-----Original Message-----
From: AMC74HORNET@xxxxxxxxx
To: BaadAssGremlins@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Sent: Wed, 24 May 2006 10:42:37 -0400
Subject: Re: [BaadAssGremlins] The Mix's Mrs's New Car

Repairing the door jam striker plate mounting "my way" looks factory if
you make a nice plate with rounded edges and the rivet mounting holes
are nice and even. It also makes for a nice looking job if you paint the
plate and the rivets the door jam color. I also did it on the pass side
too even though it didn't need it. The ones on my yellow car are still
fine after 25 years. I didn't do a hack job as you and I probably have
seen on many other AMC's. To repair these with out seeing the plate you
would have to drill out the spot welds on the channel that holds the
floating nut inside the door pillar, weld in the plate and weld up the
holes and than weld the channel with the floating nut to the plate,
grind and fill and then paint the door pillar. Sorry way to much work
for me on somthing "I" will only see for a second when I get in the car.
It had a large 3-4" washer with smaller ones on it to hold the striker
bolt on when I got the car. Now that was ugly and a hack job. Mine is
invisible to all but the purist. Since this is no 100 point resto I am
pleased with the job.
"Doc"

<FONT COLOR="#000099">Protect your PC from spy ware with award winning anti spy
technology. It's free.
</FONT><A HREF=""http://us.click.yahoo.com/97bhrC/LGxNAA/yQLSAA/YtqqlB/TM" target=_blank>http://us.click.yahoo.com/97bhrC/LGxNAA/yQLSAA/YtqqlB/TM"><B>Click
Here!</B></A>

Attached Message