[BaadAssGremlins] Sick Gremlin - "gastric" problem?

[BaadAssGremlins] Sick Gremlin - "gastric" problem?

Greetings to all!
I tried to post this question yesterday but it never made it - so here goes again.
I have a 75 Gremlin w/304 - 40K, Hedman headers, Edelbrock manifold and carb. No internal engine work.
Starts cold no problem. Starts hot no problem if I do so within 5 to 10 minutes after shutting it down. However, if I let it sit 30 minutes or so, she is very hard starting. Edelbrock tech suggested a "percolation" problem. So, I put a heat sink gasket between the carb and manifold. This did nothing to solve the problem. Anyone ever experience this before? I sure could use some help!
Thanks, Charlie

YAHOO! GROUPS LINKS