Re: [BaadAssGremlins] Darn good day at Carlise PA auto flea - AMX/ GT pi

Re: [BaadAssGremlins] Darn good day at Carlise PA auto flea - AMX/ GT pics, AMC Concept pics, gas caps,etc.

Sounds like you had a good time in spite of the weather Jerry.
"Doc"

--- Begin Message ---   Unfortunately the whole day was  a rainy mess, with
alot of vendors there packing up and leaving, and not
a huge crush of people on the grounds. The 3 large
buildings stayed reasonably full, and had lots of
business ( I spent 3/4 of my money in just the first
building I came to, after seeing only half of it. LOL.
)
  Looked for parts, not as much luck , but found a few
gems. Here's my finds breakdown of parts and pictures.

- (2) Hornet gas caps, one stainless, one cast pot
metal non-locking, both nice shape
- (1) 390 fender emblem, not sure what year.
-  envelope of pictures of AMC concept vehicles in
'78, the mini van, Concept I, Concept II, the Jeep
concept, and another. 11 x 14 size?
-  AMX / GT magazine pictures, shots I hadn't seen
before, with different angles, 3 different pics, 2
color, 1 b&w, all small
-  about 20  B & W OEM sales pictures of Ramblers from
63-69, with attached AMC file paper. $1 each. Some
wagons, Rebel, American, Ambassador, Classic. Also
some pics of the Twin-stick, 390 motor cut-away view,
with AMC file paper attached.
-  AMC  postcards, 2 Matador Coupe, 2 Gremlin
-  Stock Car racing magazines, 1 with Penske Matador
article, another with Hybrid Hornet ( AMC ) heads
article, Kanner related.
-  4 dealership reference books, thin, technical.
-  8 x 10 B & W auto expo photo with the AMC AMX
Vignale concept car on a rotating stage,and a Marlin
and Ambassador around it.
-  Mark Donohue (inset photo) with a Penske Matador
#16 on 8 x 10 glossy color picture, "signed". press
release, I guess.

  That pretty much made up the inside acquisitions, we
ate about 12 noon, went back to building shopping for
another 2 hours, then we tried to walk the grounds,
but it started pouring down again soon as we got
outside....Grrr! We walked a few rows, looked at a few
vendors under cover, we found a '64 Rambler Wagon for
sale, $4,400 price. Found a few AMC hubcaps scattered
here and there. After a friend's purchase of a
come-along, we wearily decided to trudge across the
field to the exit, hitting any vendor(s) left on the
way. Got near the gate, found another book vendor,
stopped in there. I found a Standard Catalog of
Independents for $8, told my friends about it, that it
was a great price, and that I'd give them first shot
at it, but I was buying it if they didn't. One did. :)

  We headed out the gate, then, got to our cars and
headed for somewhere with some HOT coffee. Found a
dunkin' Donut store, we warmed up some, exchanged some
items we'd brought for each other, then started the
dreary trip home again.
  Overall, it was a great day, from a
literature/picture standpoint, as I got some great
photos, the AMX/GT and Concept shots were wonderful
finds. I'm happy with all my finds. The Hornet gas
caps and 390 fender emblem were nice , too. Only parts
I bought all day, except for my wife's birthday
present. Heh heh! Too bad it was so nasty, but I feel
the trip itself for the stuff I got was worth it, and
a chance to see friends who live 4 hours away I don't
see often. I'll have to get my pictures put away in
protected sleeves for now. Maybe one day I'll get my
new building set up for showing them all off. :)

Jerry in Virginia