Re: [BaadAssGremlins] Gremlin Engine Install

Re: [BaadAssGremlins] Gremlin Engine Install

What is the Canton oil pan worth?

Olly

Jim Shadwick <idahoamx@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
Hi Guys........

If you install a deep oil pan (Canton) on the V8 going into your Gremlin
or other small car....
and try to install the engine/tranny as a combo forget it... will not
go.....no matter how we finessed the
motor and tranny we came up about 1/2 to 1 inch short of the oil pan
clearing the crossmember....
After some brain storming we decided the best way to make this happen
was to lower the crossmember
.....we put a jack under the cross member....removed the nuts/bolt let
it lower down about 2 inches or so
and gained the needed room to get the motor and tranny in...bolted the
crossmember back in place
jacked up the back of the tranny...raised the motor... put the motor
mounts (motor plate and mount as a unit) in place lowered the  motor and
bolted it in....I know this sounds simple.... but it worked really
slick.....Took two of us about 2 hrs to get the engine in and bolted down
which included about a 1/2 hour of messing before lowering the CM.

Jim.